The five films competing for this year’s Nordic Council Film Prize have been announced. Each of them will be screened at the 32nd HIFF on 19.–29. September.
The nominees for this year’s Nordic Council Film Prize are:
– Aurora (dir. Miia Tervo, Finland)
– Blind Spot (Blindsone, dir. Tuva Novotny, Norway)
– Queen of Hearts (Dronningen, dir. May el-Toukhy, Denmark)
– Reconstructing Utøya (Rekonstruktion Utøya, dir. Carl Javér, Sweden)
– A White, White Day (Hvitur, hvitur, dagur, dir. Hlynur Pálmason, Iceland)
All five of the NCFP 2019 nominees will be screened at HIFF. All films will have English subtitles.
The winner will be announced in Stockholm on October 29th.
Last year’s NCFP winner was the Icelandic nominee Benedikt Erlingsson‘s feature film Woman at War (Kona for í strið).