In the wake of the pandemic caused by the COVID-19 virus, the Love & Anarchy Festival is paying special attention to visitor safety. The festival’s biggest priority is the well-being of the visitors, volunteers and staff. The festival follows the recommendations and guidance of the authorities and will update the practices as needed.
Safe distances and face masks
- Please maintain the safe distances during your visit in film theatres. Festival staff is there to assist if needed to avoid crowding. To accommodate for social distancing, we sell limited tickets to all screenings: approximately a third of the theatre’s capacity.
- We recommend to use a face mask at the festival. Please bring your own mask with you. If you don’t have one, you may also ask our staff to give you a face mask.
Before the festival
- We recommend buying tickets online at hiff.fi. At the box offices we prefer contactless payment and do not accept cash.
- We’ll collect all of our ticket buyers’ contact information. The contact information will be given to health authorities if needed, to help to investigate the possible COVID-19 transmission chains. We’ll retain the contact information for three weeks after the screening. If you have bought your ticket from box office, please fill this form.
- We recommend to download Koronavilkku app on your phone.
- Please do not attend the festival if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or other illness.
In case of an illness
- In case of an illness or symptoms, you can request a refund via this form. The refund must be requested before the start of the screening you wish to cancel. Read more of our refund policy at the ticket page.
- You can also cancel a ticket that has been claimed with a festival pass. In this case, the ticket will be removed from your festival pass and you may use the same festival pass again for the 2021 Helsinki International Film Festival and the 2021 Season Film Festival.
Arriving to the festival
- Please arrive early to avoid crowding and queues. This year there is extra time left between screenings to allow the audience to enter the screening as early as possible without crowding.
- To maintain the safe distances, please don’t rush while queuing. The screenings won’t start before everyone is seated.
- For those belonging to high-risk groups, first screenings of the day are provided in selected theatres as well as selected outdoor screenings. See list of screenings for high-risk groups.
- The tickets will be read electronically without physical contact.
At the festival
- Please practise good hand hygiene when visiting the festival. All theatres are equipped with hand sanitizer.
- Cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue or your sleeve.
- The festival staff working in customer service uses visors.
- We recommend to use a face mask at the festival.
- To accommodate for social distancing, we sell limited tickets to all screenings: approximately a third of the theatre’s capacity. Two empty seats will be left on each side of every seat. The seats next to you, right in front of and right behind you are left empty. The seats to be used in the screenings are marked.
- Tickets to private booths and double seats are available in some screenings for those wanting to sit with their own group.
- The cleaning of the venues has been increased, and the festival staff is on-site to advise the audience.
After the screening
- Please don’t rush after the screening and keep a safe distance to other festival-goers. Festival staff is there to assist if needed to avoid crowding.
After the festival
- In the Love & Anarchy Afterglow screenings that take place after the festival, the cinemas’ own hygiene and safety regulations will be followed. More information about these regulations can be found on each cinema’s own website.